Monday, May 11, 2009

And he's off again!!!

You would think that I would be used to this. But I believe I get a little sadder each year letting Seth go. Yes, I know, he is 24 years old!! But to send him off and know I can't see him until mid October is hard. Sometimes when he is off, I can't even reach or talk to him for weeks. And the really hard part is making him think I am not sad.
For those of you who do not know...Seth is off to fight fires again. This year he does have a change....for he has become a Wyoming Hotshot!! He could not be prouder or any happier! He really feels this year is a chance to show his stuff and become a Smokejumper next fire season.
Seth reported today for all his pt training. He called me on his lunch break, very excited, he had passed his pt tests, and found out he gets to be a "saw" on the crew. Oh, joy of joys, he proceeded to tell me, that he is one of two tanks, and so he will see lots of chainsaw action!


Though I speak of sadness and jest, I really want to be sure you know that I am extemely proud of him and the man he has become. He is so much his father's son, my heart swells. I love you,
Seth, and I will pray for your safety with every breath I take.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing for Seth to experience Deb! I'll be asking about him throught the summer & also checking your blog. I can't imagine just how proud you are of him! He's quite the young man! :)
Patty