Thursday, September 4, 2008

They're off to college.......

Recently I sent Kiane and Kaleia off to college at North Platte. They are both going to play basketball there for the Lady Knights. This is Kiane's third year there....she played volleyball the last two years and last year at semester joined the basketball team. She enjoyed it so much, that she decided to use her last year of eligibility at the junior college level to good use. What can I say? Three years of free education sounds good to me!!
Kaleia has always wanted to play basketball...it is definately her favorite sport! Not to mention that she is good at it (though I could be biased as I am her mom) :) So, she got recruited by Coach Thurin and off she went.
I got the chance to go and see the girls on Monday in North Platte. Of course, all of their roommates, (but one....except she was doing her hair, and was camera shy) had gone home for the long Labor Day weekend. So I just took pictures of the girls in their rooms.
This is Kaleia's room. She loves color, and what you can't see is the bright lime green bookcase she has just to the right.
And here is Kiane's room. She has decided to decorate her room with pictures. It is actually pretty cool.
I told the girls to change the pose from Kaleia's room, and this is what they decided to do. I hope to get pictures with the roommates sometime, and maybe actually meet the one I haven't yet.
Go Knights

No comments: